M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son took some of his friends shooting. When my son fired a shot, one of his friends said he got hit with something. When my son looked at the gun, he saw this.

We "think" he had a squib load, that lodged a bullet right at the end of the muzzle. Castle nut and muzzle are gone. Though it appears that there is a piece of the castle nut wedged under a piece of the muzzle. SEI muzzle brake appears to be bowed, so is probably history.
It needs a new barrel. I have two take off Polytech barrels from two other Polys that I have. Since this one is a Poly also, there should be no problem swapping the barrels. I still have a Poly fake flash suppressor that will work.
However, my son is thinking about going to an 18" barrel, which means a new front sight, as well as a new muzzle brake.
Well, I needed a new project to work on.

·
Registered
563 Posts
jeez, glad everyone is ok

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Glad they're okay. I'm sure you drilled them on how to recognize/deal with a squib load...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.