M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2181774782&category=135

It is a "Scout" mount that is attached to the M14 Handguard. Have anybody seem this before? This is the first that I have seen it.

I am not sure how exactly this handguard is attached to the m14/m1a....but if it is attached to it the same way a typical handguard is, which the handguard and shake and rattle all over the place....this must be the worst scope mount I have never seen! 8O :x

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've seen em on ebay quite a bit latley, just like the auction says they can be seen in BHD a few times. Other than that though, I have yet to seem em being used by a regular gun toter.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
my guess is that the real deal mounts attach to the barrel like the scout mount. One would think that attaching a mount to the handguard would be for naught as the handguard would have some movement making a consistant zero near impossible. JMHO

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I'd have to agree here ...

I don't see how this could allow for any consistant accuracy of any kind. Cosmetic looks maybe if someone wanted to play BHD scenario but I cant see how something like this could "hold" zero ...

Six

1 - 5 of 5 Posts