M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture of strange deer I killed last week with m14 on my land. I have never seen a deer with a nose like that.

cat doctor

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
From the pics it looks like he either had a heck of a sinus infection or he was crossed with a moose!GI3

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Yep, looks like a hybrid from moose and deer. Might need to call the smithsonian institute...they pay ten thousand bucks for discovering of a new species ! ...Or they use to long time ago...for research or some such thing.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Are you anywhere close to Brown's Ferry Nuclear Plant? I think they must have a leak! GI2

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
OK, that's just not right.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It's either a "mear" or a "douse", take your pick. Which one does it taste like?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Doose, Meer, mutant? your choice. Could be reaction to getting a 30cal hole poked in him from an inferior outdated weapon. Probably wishes it was a Scar 17...

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
He's certainly a cute little feller, kinda looks like you might have killed Bullwinkle.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I think I would have the Meat Tested Before turning it into sausage . WOW Ugly Ugly
All kidding aside contact the Game Officials in you state I am sure they would be more than interested and helpful to you

·
Registered
382 Posts
Maybe an infection!
There was a case of someone getting real sick after eating some infected game here in Arizona A long time ago.
I would check with your game dept.
I saw on TV about six months ago, about a polar bear that did mating with a brown bear. The result was a hybred killed by a hunter. The Alaska fish and game said that they would not have believed it if they did not see it.
looks neat though.
good luck
Ed

·
Registered
540 Posts
Showed this thread to my girlfriend who's a large animal vet.she says it's more than likely a tumor due to the lack of hair in that area.she also says that it may had some trouble eating and eventualy would have starved.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Request SITREP???

GI6

Any More Info Today?
Did You Have To Go Through A 'Check-Point'?
Input from Fish & Game, Locker Plant, Etc...?

My 'Wild Ass Guess' Would Be A Hybrid Also...But I Know Squat About What Your Local Situation Is Down There In Alabama Regarding Game Farms, Etc!?

Thanks!

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
46 Posts
Being a retired wildlife officer, I have seen this before. It appears to be an abscess due to some kind of infection. It is probably localized and the deer is safe to eat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have it mounted. It will never cease to be an object of conversation, but leave a space on the side for a cigar.

·
Registered
180 Posts
With a face like that I don't think you gotta worry about it passing on it's genes. Kinda looks like Jimmy Durante!
Yeah. Have it mounted with a big grin and a recorder in it when you pull the string it goes " I got a million of 'em, Ah cha cha"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts