M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right below the ejection port the stock and the op rod seem to be hit by the brass.

I've had it at the range twice now with less than 80 rounds fired and this is what it looks like.

Is this a common issue, or do I have something wrong with the ejector? This is all firing Federal 150gr FMJ.

Thanks in advance!!!

Will-

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just posted the same question...

I'm seeing the EXACT same thing on my rifle as well. Sounds like it is normal, so I bought a beater synthetic stock to save the wood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had to check. Thanks for the heads up!!! toiletfighter, i saw your post right after I hit enter.

As long as this is a normal condition I'm fine with extra character on the stock. Not like I have any plans on ever getting rid of this beast!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
ICONROLLEY . . . it's a battle rifle . . . ICONROLLEY

·
Registered
14 Posts
Timely! I was just wondering about this on my SAI m1a. My wear is mostly on the op-rod. I figured it was the brass when the op-rod was travelling forward.

Great video KurtC!!

BB

·
Registered
153 Posts
Kurt nice video...

Get another stock or four. Display with the nicest one, shoot with the rest. Of course, just shoot it and don't worry.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
You could try another ejector with the bevel cut at a different angle and or another extractor. Or put a strip of grip tape below it. The easiest would be plan C let the brass beat the daylights out of the wood stock. Kind of gives it character.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Ugly grip tape?? You should not be gripping there!

How bout some clear wrapping tape.

·
Registered
424 Posts
It isn't "character," "battle damage" or "a badge of honor." It's just plain ole damage to the stock. After spending plenty of time and trouble to paint my Fred's original fiberglass GI stock, I wasn't about to pretend that chips in my paint job were some kind of desirable patina. So I glued a small leather patch over the area where the brass hits. Haven't had any trouble since.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts