M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who can paint my gi fiberglass stock in a multicam. I need the selector filled as well. (I have way to many stocks to buy one, so i need my stock painted)
thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Getting it hydro-dipped would probably be a better choice. MultiCam is hard to paint since there aren't simple blobs with solid colors (like woodland, 3 color desert, etc.). Water transfer printing is expensive but it would probably cost the same amount to have a stock painted in MultiCam that actually looks like MultiCam as it would to have it dipped.
Dustin

·
Registered
126 Posts
MultiCam is hard to paint
News to us but then one has to know what they are doing so maybe
thats why you said "hard" ...

Some colors/patterns are a bit more difficult & time consuming ...
But that does not mean they can't be done.

Good luck with your 'dip' ...GI2

WC

·
Registered
543 Posts

News to us but then one has to know what they are doing so maybe
thats why you said "hard" ...

Some colors/patterns are a bit more difficult & time consuming ...
But that does not mean they can't be done.

Good luck with your 'dip' ...GI2

WC
If you can easily paint an accurate MultiCam then more power to you.
I have only seen a couple of realistic looking MultiCam paint jobs and have never seen one done by you.
If you can do the job or you know someone that can do the job for less than a film dip costs ($100 or so) that's good news for the OP.
Dustin

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
multi cam

list
i not to crazy about most home kits, they tend to b a PIA. What is photo dip, hydro dip? Is this a home kit. I've done numerous stocks in white, tan, od, woodlane, tiger, etc, BUT Multi cam looks like a major job.
(Clint said" A mans go to realize his limitations")
I've seen Whamo patterns here they look top shelf. I really like dealing with u guys on this list.
Hey anybody know who impregates wood stocks, like the Armorers use to do? I like the feel of a wood stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts