M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fitting my scout to a laminated stock and need to know how tight the front band should fit on the stock ferrule. Are the stock ferrules the same for wood stock and syntetic stocks. Any other advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
With the playing I've done with shims to create more draw on the front band, I have learned more is better. However, that down pressure is adjusted with the bedding of the receiver as far as i know. The front band rides where it rides. You just need to shim to tighten it up for no wiggle room and getting the gas lock to start torqing at 5 o'clock.

Looking front/aft, you definitely need an air gap from the end of the ferrul to the inside vertical face of the front band. You want no rubbing. Once those shims mentioned above are set, then you would know how far out the front band will be. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you defenetly helps. Are the ferrules the same for wood stocks and synthetic?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
As far as I can tell they are. I have bought a few and never saw any distiction. Also have tried the same ferrule on both wood and synthetic and could not see any difference. Fits a little tighter on synthetic. It makes me wonder how all these stocks end up missing the ferrule.

Thank you defenetly helps. Are the ferrules the same for wood stocks and synthetic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts