M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few really nice stocks that I got as salvage stocks and upon examination some had hairline cracks. I hated to get rid of the stocks [as I don’t like to use or sell stocks with any type of crack] so I decided to do something with a few of them so I could continue to enjoy the stocks.

I purchased one-set of the “acrylic clear” rifle display’s and now display this nice striped USGI “Big Red” in my home office [which has a bit of a rustic and military theme anyway.

I have recently had a lot of company at my house and I have to say the USGI M14 Stock gets a lot of nice comments……

Not the greatest pic – but it is a nice addition if you have similar room and no need to tie up a barred receiver as the stock looks great without it!

Just thought I would share….

M1Army

·
Registered
426 Posts
You have a very handsome stock and you are right in displaying it as a work of art. I may do the same with my stock I got from our fellow member flipmasterj. He did a superb job of finishing this M1A Commercial Stock. I don't want to upstage your Stock, so I won't post a picture of mine. :>)

Reactions: flipmasterj

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Hmm, never thought of it that way, I thought threads like this were for sharing projects and ideas. Pictures add tremendously to a thread, IMO.

·
Very Old Salt
1,952 Posts
That is pretty awesome. I normally don't like poly finishes but I think for display purposes like that it's perfect, really draws attention to it. Big red eh, Any possibility of a display rifle filling the voids in that stock?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
She's a beauty!

Reactions: M1Army

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Now you just need to scrounge together some busted up parts and make yourself a drill rifle to fill her out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.