M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member here but have been collecting/shooting Garands and M1As for years. Currently own 24 Garands and 5 M1A/M-14s. Many years ago I obtained a steel, GI one point scope mount for the M-14. It takes the G & H upper mount and rings the same as the M1C sniper. It fits the M82/M84 scope. Can anyone tell me anything about this mounting system?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
it should mount right to the side of the receiver with a single screw. I guess there would also be a scope base needed for the optic.

It should look like the lower rifle, found on google images

edit: now that I look more closely I'm not positive about the lower one. Can't tell if it has something in the clip guide or not. Someone here will know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep, Just like the lower rifle in the photo only with a smaller knob holding it on. How well does yours' hold it's zero? Any idea the value?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
You will have to research value for yourself per forum rules.

I do not have that exact mount, but the old single point I have holds zero and returns to about 1/2 MOA upon de/reattachment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That it holds zero is nice. I wasn't sure since I can't say I've ever seen more than2-3 of these mounts. As to the value, I wasn't looking for a price, more like it's collectablility due to it's rarity type value. Thanks though guys, you have been a real help. I was planning on mounting it in a GI glass stock as a model of the pre M21 type sniper.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
That type mount was made by Army Weapons Command and is one of the early attempts at scoping the M14/M21. It uses M1C (Garand sniper) Griffin and Howe mount and typically the M84 scope. In fact,original examples of these early M21 rifles, some of the G&H mounts used had their original M1C serial numbers on them. These bases do have collector value if original. There have been repros out there for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts