M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone sell SS barrels in medium contour for the M1a. After some bad groups withe the Poly, I have decided to do a barel change for sure. Warbird has Heavy barrrels currently, does anyone sell the SS in Mediul contour?

Thanks.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,826 Posts
SS Barrels

Krieger Barrels is producing a medium weight SS barrel that is match quality. This is the same barrel they are producing for the USMC DMR rifles. It's a great barrel, but expensive.
Another choice may be the SS barrel being used by Springfield Armory, Inc. on their M1A. SA does sell barrels.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D I believe Wilson does or at least they did in the past, as soon as Warbird sees this Thread He'll probably answer you more positively! ;)

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
Getting barrels from Kreiger right now is about 2-3 months according to Steve at Kreiger.

I haven't bought barrels from SA Inc. lately but, I do know that they're made by Wilson.

The price on barrels from SA Inc. are about the same as a Barnett match barrel and the Barnett match barrels are better quality.

Rock Creek doesn't list M14 barrels. Just blanks and installation services.
Ya might have to call about the barrel ya want.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
The barrel is probably not holding your rifle back. It's usually a less than perfect stock fit and loose components that hang off the barrel and rattle.

Without lots of fitting and other work, you're likely going to be disappointed if you just switch barrels.

Ty

·
Super Moderator
12,078 Posts
When I spoke too Mike after Thanksgiving he told me 325.00 for a full heavy SS 5r 1/11.27 twist barrel short chamber needing finnish ream, I don`t know if this is too high a price but this will be my last M1A build and I plan too go hole hog, I read alot about 5r rifling and talked with Tommo and DigHawaii they both gave what info they had. After a long search on 5r barrels I found www.rockcreekbarrels.com and I called no one was there too answer my questions at the time, about 15mins later he returned my call and we talked for almost a hour on his dime. Too make a long story short he is so confidant in his 5r and 7r barrels that he would shoot his barrels againts any other barrel maker in any rifling style!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered DMR contour Krieger-to be shipped to my smith-Ted Brown,Ore-on 13Dec04-esr ship 2-3wks cost Barrel-340-short chamberm1a-60-ship12-total $412.00 -12twist-4groove according to invoice sent to me-Hope this info helps Barry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.