M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets here what you like and don't like about this Weapon.
I have one and it took a little bit getting used to the Fatter Grip but other than that I love it 14 rounds of .45 is fire power.
oldtimer
NAV1 USAF2

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
No issues so far. I've heard/seen magazine issues (falls out when the gun goes bang) with another brand of high cap 1911 type pistol.

The finish seems pretty durable on mine but I've seen another one of the same brand that is beginning to look pretty "dog eard" after a couple years of bouncing around (in a holster) on the rider's hip (ATVs). Some of that look may be not enough time out of the holster at the end of the day and wiped down with an oily rag.

Mine seems to be accurate enough (at least as accurate as my Series 80 Colt) and so far not a single malfunction in the few hundred rounds that have been through it.

Additional magazines (from the manufacturer) aren't really that expensive, about $30 each. However, I've got a couple that probably need new springs. The spring in the mag. has a smaller diameter in the middle of the spring vs. the top and bottom (I assumed so it would nest down inside itself when the mag. was loaded). Sometimes those two magazines will hang up (so they are only used at the range) and it seems the mag. spring is the culprit. I've tried greasing them with white lithium grease to help the coils slide by rather than hand but it didn't help.

I probably would not buy a second one, but I'll keep this one.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Don't they use Para-Ordnance mags? I haven't had any trouble with my P14-45. I did replace the spring in one 15-rd mag with a Wolff +10% one, had to cut a coil or two off it but it works great now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts