M14 Forum banner

Springfield scout squad question

1202 4
I'm new to the world or M1A I recently aquired a scout squad rifle and wanted to know if it has a crome lined barrel Im not sure as to the age or the rifle but would guess less than a year. also is the sights set up for yards or meters Thanks for any help
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm new to the world or M1A I recently aquired a scout squad rifle and wanted to know if it has a crome lined barrel Im not sure as to the age or the rifle but would guess less than a year. also is the sights set up for yards or meters Thanks for any help
Meters, unless someone swapped out for Garand parts.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Do you guys know if SAI ever used chome lined medium weight NM barrels? The bore of mine seems considerably shinier to a light than my Remington 700's, which I know is not CL. It is similar to that of my SKS, which is chrome lined.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
The first thing I would suggest is to call Springfield, they can tell you for sure when it was sold and how it was configured when it left the factory. I think the answers so far are based on the assumption that your guess about the age is correct and that it has not been modified. We love pictures and they would help. One way to tell for sure if the barrel is chromelined or not is to put a little gun blue on it. Blueing won't stick to chrome. that is assuming it is not SS barrel. BTW did i say we love pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.