M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wellin partway there, my vented handgaurd came in from Numrich today. Gave her the krylon touch with some satin black and installed it without delay. I am satisfied with the look and am on the lookout for one in better shape. This one is a 6/10 IMHO and has some chips. Also recived a 30 rd mag, it's pretty cheap and doest feed right so right now it is for looks. Also got the M2 bipod in...
All that's left is a real flash suppressor and I'll be happy, till I get the next one...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Very Nice !! I am having my Std converted to a Scout and can't wait to get her back

·
Registered
710 Posts
Looking good. Big fan of vented handguards myself. Just in case you didn't know......don't bother investing in a flash hider with a bayonet lug. Not desirable on a Scout set up as the lug will keep you from removing the gas cylinder plug for cleaning. HTH

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good. Big fan of vented handguards myself. Just in case you didn't know......don't bother investing in a flash hider with a bayonet lug. Not desirable on a Scout set up as the lug will keep you from removing the gas cylinder plug for cleaning. HTH
Great point, so what do I put the bayonet on? ........... J/K

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Sad, but to my knowledge, it does not leave you the option of both cleaning the rifle without removing the flash suppressor and having a bayonet mount on the shorter barrel. I guess that means that you will have to get another rifle down the road with a 22" barrel so you can mount the bayonet on it. This does get to be an addiction so be careful.YIKES1

·
Registered
576 Posts
My Favorite M14 is My Tanker LRB, such a sweet shooter......Im doing a nice Tiger Birch USGI Stock for it.......

Nice Rifle love the wood stock & the black HG.........

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the black handgaurd as well but would like to try to match the parkerizing with the next handgaurd I get. Thanks for bringing up the bayonet lug with the gas plug, is it a Hassle to remove and install the supressor? I really would like the bayonet on there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not hard to get the FS off, but the bayo won't make it onto the lug anyway on the shorter barrel.
Man, that sucks. I looked up some pics, I guess the bayo handle hits the gas plug nut on a scout.. Bummer. Guess I need to start saving for another gun...
thanks for the heads up, I would have been pissed when the parts came in and didnt fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.