M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at an m1 long range tactical, or a springfield scope to go with the springfield rifle. Id like to shoot long range comp.

Do any of you have suggestions on power, 3.5, 4, or 6 power.
Im intrested in head shots (hunting) aswell.

Thanks Sally

·
Registered
46 Posts
On my M-1A national Match, I chose to use the SA Scope, it is a First Generation 4x14. There was a big problem with SA optics for a period of time. They have fixed this problem though. I have around 1,000 rounds through mine and the scope has held up fine.

I know of other officers whom only use leupold optics, and sware by them.
There are some great people here whom know more than I about this, They will chime in here and direct you as well. Good luck...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Get the Leupold. Better warranty, Better glass, Better period.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have a Leupold Mark4 M1 10x (with mil-dot reticle) on top of my Remington 700 Police in .300 WinMag and it proves to me that all other scopes are inferior (OK, fine, Zeiss, Schmidt & Bender and Swarovski are exceptions). The image is clear as a bell, 1/4 min clicks are repeatable, and their customer service exceeds spectacular.

As soom as my SuperMatch arrives, I'll need to take it off my .300 (HEY! Anyone in the market for a lightly-used .300 WM sniper rifle?!) and get a Brookfield/Smith mount. Based solely on third-party grumblings on previous Springfield glass, I wouldn't waste my time or money.

Go Leupold. You will not be disappointed.

Spike

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
This is the scope I'm looking at buying, a Simmons Aetec 3.8-12x44.

I know it's not one of the more expensive or well regarded brands, but I had a chance to see one up close today & I thought it had a lot of "bang for my buck". ;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Looks nice, and SWFA was where I got my Loopy. They're a good shop to deal with.

I got mine when illuminated reticles just hit the market and the only concern I had on 'em was potential fragility of the illumination system (so I opted to go traditional).

No empirical data to back it up, I'm just the son of an engineer. Of course, I don't intend to use my glass as a club, either. :wink:

Spike

·
Banned
611 Posts
I've had an SA scope before. Won't do that again. Plus I am carrying scopes now and either have or can get all of the Leupolds at the best prices you'll find anywhere. Just about any other scope out there too! Email me if you got any questions about a particular scope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.