M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post here. For a long time I wanted a Springfield M1A
I had a hard time choosing between the MA9222 loaded and the NA9102 national match. I picked the NA9102 and it came today. Nice looking rifle, I see no markings on it that says it is a national match. Should it be marked as one? Box has handwritten tag that tells the headspace and serial #, but no mention of national match, is the normal?

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Look on top the barrel just behind the front sight, should be marked NM...also rear sights will be marked same.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Look on top the barrel just behind the front sight, should be marked NM...also rear sights will be marked same.
Gee I don't know if they still do that.

Look for epoxy bedding on the stock around the receiver, hooded sight and the part number 9102 on the box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ripsaw, one more question

The loaded MA9222 has a nm bbl and nm sights. Both rifles look the same to me, so do you think Springfield takes the more accurate rifles and calls the national match? The number on the tag sent with the rifle disclosing headspace, what do those numbers mean? Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: NA9102

A National Match ( i..e. NA9102) rifle will be glass bedded into the receiver. You should be able to see the bedding under the rear of the receiver heel and the trigger group pads. A Loaded model will not have the glass bedding. The NA9102 also should have the hooded rear aperture while the Loaded rear aperture is non-hooded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts