M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Springfield mount made only for Springfield rings? 8O Yes they are weaver style, but nothing but Springfield seem to mount squarely on them.
Is this a markting play :roll: or am i missing something here? :?:

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have a Springfield 1st Gen mount and just replaced the rings with some low budget Leopold Rifleman series, medium height, that I found at Walmart for $16. I know Cabelas sells the same rings. The seem to fit fine on the weaver rail and are almost identical to the cheapies that came from Springfield but of better quanity.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
I have a S.A. 3rd gen. mount. I had a few different scopes and rings on it at one time or another. The only rings I had trouble with were the Weaver brand rings. They caused my scope to run out of windage adjustment @ 25 yards 8O . They did the same ting on my Ruger 10/22. Either a real bad set of rings or bad brand. All the lapping in the world won't help those puppies. All 3 of the other weaver style rings I used on that mount worked fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.