M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a special number that one needs to call o find out when a specific receiver was manufactured, or just use the general number??? TIA Hawk

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
date of manufacture

just e mail them,worked for me about a year ago

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I used their 800 number .....

Worked fine .....

Their dime .....

:wink:

Six

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the 800 number today and received the following information. They were very pleasant about my inquiry.

Receiver # 1291XX post ban
left Springfield on 7-19-2000
left as receiver not previously built into a rifle

Thought this was a great way of checking on preban rifles offered for sale.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hi Hawk,

They also respond to e-mail as well. I've verified some stuff with them and they come back fairly quickly... Yep, they're pretty cool.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Treadhead
368 Posts
Call, then follow up with e-mail, if it's a pre-ban.

Good Afternoon!

The serial number you gave me, 079XXX, is in deed a pre-ban model, manufactured in April of 1994 prior to the September 1994 ban date. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Lexi

Springfield, Inc.

420 W. Main Street

Geneseo, IL 61254

[email protected]

1-800-680-6866

In response to my WARRANTY Applicability question:

Our warranty is for the life of the gun against defect in workmanship no matter how many owners or what length of time.

Thanks,

Lexi

Springfield, Inc.

420 W. Main Street

Geneseo, IL 61254

[email protected]

1-800-680-6866

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
SpringField serial number cut off pre-ban/post-ban is around #94000. My SpringField was made about one week after the cut off and sold as a receiver.
Does anyone know what the pre-ban/post-ban cut off serial number for ArmsCorp is? I just picked up an ArmsCorp serial #A0039XX. With such a low serial number I would think that this rifle is a pre-ban. It is all H&R. The furniture is a nice wood no selector cut out commercial stock. This rifle will go into a camo synthetic that I have had laying around for a couple years. The only problem with the camo stock is that it needs something in the hole on the right side. Hawk, you wouldn't happen to know where I might find something to put in that hole would you? :)

Regards

Ox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts