503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day folks, I'm curious about the follow with the M21 stock;

- likes?
- dislikes?
- weight?
- bedded or needs bedding?
- pics of yours?

I'm doing a couple builds and was considering ordering a M21 stock with the adjustable cheekpiece. Thank you in advance,

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I've built several rifles using the 21 stock, if fact 1 is on my bench now, it's a forum members, all TRW parts, heavy Krieger & LRB r lug M25.....

All the stocks I've seen have been pre routed for bedding as well as cut for a rear lug, they way they are routed the stock would compress rapidly if used with no bedding....

Considering the high cost I can't imagine anyone not bedding the stock, as far as how the stock feels & handles it's absolutely awesome, it's 1 of my favorites!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Can you make it work for a lefty? I have to say the sai m21 is just a flat out beautiful rifle. Could someone post up a close up of the cheek rest and it mechanism?

·
Registered
9,259 Posts
How does it not work for a lefty?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you fine folks for posting & the more I look at one of those stocks the more I want one. Thank you again,

Otokiak
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Nice stock. Mine is shaved down just a little on the comb. It was to better use the iron sights. Mine was steel bedded and finished by my gunsmith here. I love the stock. Wouldn't have it any other way.

The stock is a right handed stock. The comb is cut so it is for a right handed shooter and the palm swell is cut for the same. Not impossible to shoot lefty, just not as comfortable to do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts