M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I have a SA M14 serial #061XXX. Which if I'm correct has it made in 59-60.
Is there a "0" as the first digit of the serial number? Is there an operable selector switch or is this a semi-automatic only M14 type rifle?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It's just matter of time before this thread is deleted. FYI there is a sticky about asking how much is it worth.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
it says springfield armory m-14 on the receiver
Can you post a photo of the receiver heel? Or can you send me a photo by e-mail? [email protected]

If the receiver has a selector lug, is there an ATF Form 1, 3, 4, or 5 associated with it? Is this a rifle on loan to a law enforcement agency through the 1033 program?

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Some additional background information, the government Springfield Armory did not place a leading zero on M14 rifle serial numbers. Neither did the government Springfield Armory place a hyphen in the model number. The government Springfield Armory receivers were marked with the model number "M14." USGI M14 rifle serial number 61XXX was produced by Harrington & Richardson Arms Co.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know about the selector lug but looking closer at the rifle maybe it was a light strike when they marked the reciever??? Might say M-1A...but it sure looks like M-14

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
A photograph of the receiver heel would help us identify what you have, very quickly.

On the receiver heel, are the letters "mm" (lower case) or "MM" (upper case) in the caliber stamping? IOW, is it

7.62-mm

or

7.62-MM

·
Retired
4,700 Posts
I don't know about the selector lug but looking closer at the rifle maybe it was a light strike when they marked the reciever??? Might say M-1A...but it sure looks like M-14
A real M14 would have a center dismount notch for the op rod on the receiver rail. Commercial receivers have the op rod dismount notch near the rear sight, as on the M1 Garand.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
When my daughter gets home I will have her do the pic thing...i'm pretty much computer illiterate
On the receiver heel, are the letters "mm" (lower case) or "MM" (upper case) in the caliber stamping? In other words, is it

7.62-mm

or

7.62-MM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts