M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the new Springfield Inc. 20 round mag followers have a fit that is not flush with the front tabs of the mag tubes? The few that I have used are not resting flush against the tabs like the military GI mags. In fact, the last round in the mag is canted slightly more than GI mags, but they seem to feed fine. You can also pop the right front of the followers over the front tab on the new Springfield Inc. mags.

·
Registered
966 Posts
As far as I know, SAI magazines are made by CMI, which is the same supplier to the military. So if there is a magazine issue, it goes all the way to CMI.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with David, I bought all the mags I could from the springfield loaded coupon that I had (10 total) and they all say CMI on them. I would say that as long as they are feeding fine I wouldnt worry with it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Springfield Mags

I have a few Springfield mags & CMI mags. They are the same. I haven't had any issues with the 20 rounders or the 10's but my 5 round sport mag will not click into the rifle with 5 rounds in it. It will snap right in with 4 rounds though. I haven't looked into it much but its kind of annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts