M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I let you all know that Springfields' Warranty/Customer Service folks pulled through for me. I don't know if anyone recalls but I had a hanging front sight on my Standard M1A. The barrel appeared twisted and shot left. Called and received an RMA on or about Dec 12, Springfield signed it into their department a few days after it actually got there, Dec 20. I happened to call on Tuesday for an update and they had a tracking number for me :D for delivery today 8) . So I took the day off and waited for the UPS man. Then went to the range!

Prior to sending it to them for repair with the front sight centered it hardly hit the left edge of a 16 inch target at 50 yards. I was very happy to see this quick first magazine grouping :p :p at that same 50 yard range. They are a bit low but I shot them quick to make sure my eagerness didn't cause problems. I think I need to work on my sight picture.

I will mention, this group is Australian Defence Industries ammo for this group (picture) only. The rest are all with Hirtenberg and my stocker chrome GI barrel. Oh yeah, Iron Sights only today.

I went to the 100 yard range and shot these fairly quick. I then made a slight adjustment to the front sight after the breeze subsided. I hit the steel plate nine out of ten times to get her warmed up some more, then shot these as hit or miss offhand also my best group and best shot.

I also had a couple added bonuses in addition to feeling great, I found those Shoot-N-C targets and brought home a souvenier from Bill's (a guy I met) rifle. He let me shoot it :D

I hope these images work out and noone gets pissed for popups but I always enjoyed you folks' pictures so I hope it's all good (if a mod can shrink them that would be neat :)). Kudos to Springfield I think they fixed it! Paperwork says Re-Installed Barrel (indexed??) and headspaced. Also test fired. I can now spend some time on my sight picture style and cheekweld and actually scope the thing in! I thought it shot well with surplus and iron, comments? Pretty happy here.

Rob

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Very cool dude, I'm glad SA took care of you. I bet you're happy to have your rifle back! :D

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha BigGuns:

AWESOME pics and very glad that SA was able to fix the problem and get it back to you with a pretty good turnaround.

Looks like your rifle's "cooking" now!!! I like the "best group"... WOW!!! 8O

Have fun!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Springfield has backed every gun they sell from what I have heard. A freind has a v10 match 45 he sent back 3 or 4 times and they replaced everything on his gun to try to make him happy to find out the gun didn't like wolf ammo. George has allways shot the cheapest ammo he could find but he called springfield and told them the ammo was the reason for his problem. They still were very nice about it and reminded him theV 10 was a match gun and to shot only good ammo in it.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Did SA have a answer as to why it was shooting so far off?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Springfield was good to me about swapping out defecting sight parts. My M1A is not USGI, it is a later model, but it functions perfectly and shoots great. I liked it so much, I bought a Loaded stainless 1911A1 which runs like a champ with any ammo. Part of my purchase decision was the good experience with my M1A and the warranty.

Perversely enough, the 1911 functions perfectly with factory and USGI mags, but is a Jam-o-matic with an 8rd Wilson Combat mag. :evil: go figure....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Glad to hear you were treated good from Springfield. I've had to have my Glock worked on before and they were really good to deal with. I've heard that SA will fix you up with any problems. Any quality company should stand behind their products. If not they won't stay in business too long. 8O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.