M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this stock in a trade today!
I'm not a fan of woodland camo schemes, but there is no denying it looks great. Old style mixes with modern SOCOM 16 pretty well. The gentleman I got it from said he never like the weighted feel, so it just sat in his closet all these years. Apparently the guy he got it from told him it had weights in the buttstock. I decided to check this out, and discovered it was just a full USGI cleaning kit stuffed in there.

I was going to sell it, but I can't. It's the most unique stock I've got right now. Can't wait to see how it looks with my Aimpoint installed. Still waiting on that scope mount though (darn holidays).

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
SAI camo stocks.

I got two of these stocks myself, and I like them. I have three matching hand guards, and no they are not for sale.
Just classic M1A hardware.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got two of these stocks myself, and I like them. I have three matching hand guards, and no they are not for sale.
Just classic M1A hardware.
Oh come on, I know somewhere out there someone needs that third hand guard. RNGR1

This one needs a clear coat. I've found 2 small chips so far, but nothing major.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I still prefer the old Woodland camo pattern for synthetic stocks. If you know, is that one a U.S.G.I. fiberglass stock that SAI painted or a different material?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I still prefer the old Woodland camo pattern for synthetic stocks. If you know, is that one a U.S.G.I. fiberglass stock that SAI painted or a different material?
It is a USGI fiberglass from Springfield Armory. I heard these were an option when buying M1As several years ago, but I don't know if they were ever issued to the military.

Also, if anyone is curious, I traded my Coyote Brown USGI stock for it (the one that just wouldn't sell). Guess I'm lucky for that! GI1

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
That stock looks like the real SAI camo stock. Can someone else chime in and tell us?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Aewsome

Got this stock in a trade today!
I'm not a fan of woodland camo schemes, but there is no denying it looks great. Old style mixes with modern SOCOM 16 pretty well. The gentleman I got it from said he never like the weighted feel, so it just sat in his closet all these years. Apparently the guy he got it from told him it had weights in the buttstock. I decided to check this out, and discovered it was just a full USGI cleaning kit stuffed in there.

I was going to sell it, but I can't. It's the most unique stock I've got right now. Can't wait to see how it looks with my Aimpoint installed. Still waiting on that scope mount though (darn holidays).

Now this reminds me of the BDU's. Very nice stock.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have always wanted one of these stocks! One day....

Enjoy yours! It looks great on your Socom!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok gentlemen, I've got some explaining to do!
I thought about this long and hard, and it just didn't feel right on my SOCOM 16. I decided to take it off and save it for a future build. I was going to wrap it in bubble wrap and then store it away in my closet. But then I realized that is exactly the kind of stuff I hate. I'm not going to keep someone else from having it when I don't need or even care for the pattern that much.

The hand guard has been sold to TheShooter. His rifle is a perfect match for this setup.

I'm moving the stock itself over to the PX. Maybe someone can trade something I need for it.

Awesome stock to own, even if for a day or two! GI1

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Ok gentlemen, I've got some explaining to do!
I thought about this long and hard, and it just didn't feel right on my SOCOM 16. I decided to take it off and save it for a future build. I was going to wrap it in bubble wrap and then store it away in my closet. But then I realized that is exactly the kind of stuff I hate. I'm not going to keep someone else from having it when I don't need or even care for the pattern that much.

The hand guard has been sold to TheShooter. His rifle is a perfect match for this setup.

I'm moving the stock itself over to the PX. Maybe someone can trade something I need for it.

Awesome stock to own, even if for a day or two! GI1
I tried to tell you to keep it! Even with out the handguard I bet that stock will sell quick on the PX here.
As they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts