M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, and Merry Christmas.

A buddy of mine contacted me via e-mail and said that he has located an SAI stripped receiver, and that the owner might be willing to part with it.

Here is what he told me about it.

1. It was a complete rifle ( never been fired) at one time.( He called SAI with the serial # and they verified that it left the factory as a Bush rifle.)
2. It still has the org. finish, and is in excellent shape
3. the heel stamp does not have 7.62MM on it.
4. It has never had any type of scope mount installed...ever.
5. The person that has it now is the first time owner of said rifle.

My question is, would this be worth nowadays? Ie....... A fair price for such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I almost forgot.

The bolt that was installed by SAI for this receiver mentioned above was a USGI TRW bolt. My buddy already has his parts kit purchased and wants to build an all Winchester parts rifle eventually.

My follow on question concerns this TRW bolt. Would this bolt be a good candidate for a build using a different receiver, even thou it was the original bolt used in the before mentioned SAI receiver?

thanks

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Yep, the TRW bolt is good to go more than likely, unless an overzealous builder at SAI lapped it too much, or the owner did,......and we know that SAI never laps bolts, ever........

The SAI receivers are $590.00 delivered from Champions Choice,...from my discussion with the owner a few weeks ago.

He is also the exclusive dealer for SAI on stripped receivers.....so he has a monopoly on them. Anything under that would be a deal, I would think......Oh,..and if you change your mind....do let me know first, I will buy it. DI5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts