M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they rate? Just pickid up a handfull of these for a decent price. New in plastic bags with UPC code MA5021 on the tag. Have the SAI logo stamped on the bottom rear edge of the mag. 13 spot welds.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Traditionally the SA magazines have always been first rate.
Well except the 5 rounder GI3

CMI MAGs are made in New York so how bad can they be being made in the only place in the Country where you can get a good Pizza or Bagel?

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm sure it's been asked and answered a hundred times. Just wanted to be sure.
OK I need to ask this! Do you know where I got my MAGS? I bought 2 from Sportman's Guide and the rest came from the Good Men I have met on this Group! who when I wanted to trade M4 mags 2 for one for M14 ones was told to keep them and sent them for free!
Yes there are good Guys here!
BTW
Your CMI Mags are GTG!

Reactions: sfoxwell

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
My sai mags have a gritty park finish but are otherwise identical to my cmi branded mags from 44mag.

Only jams I have had is from dirty chamber.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
My SAI mags do seem to have a thicker park coat on them and are not as smooth as standard CMI mags, but after some use they have smoothed out very nice. I do prefer the blacker SAI mags cosmetically, but they do need more time to smooth out. Both my SAI and CMI have been equally reliable so the rougher finish may not even matter.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
44mag.com has 20 rounders in stock for $25/shipped each, that's hard to beat!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only thing wrong with SAI branded Mags is that they cost twice the price of a Check-Mate Mag. The only difference is the name stamped into the metal
44mag.com has 20 rounders in stock for $25/shipped each, that's hard to beat!
I paid less than that for mine. I was a little surprised at how rough the parkerizing was but to me that's of no consequence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.