M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up from a friend. He needed to pay some bills so this had to go. I usually try to beat people up as bad as I can on the price but I gave him the $600 he was asking. He's a good friend after all and I still think its a good deal.

Springfield Armory

Pre-lock. 1990 manufacture (he bought it new). One Chip McCormic mag and one Dan Wesson. Has an Ed Brown fitted bushing and some other little ditties and one box-o-rounds.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I usually try to beat people up as bad as I can on the price but I gave him the $600 he was asking
Haha, I think he beat himself up on this one. Very nice piece.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
i have a milspec model and she is an absolute tack driver :D

worth every penny and its nice to have peice of mind having a Springfield on my hip. I would trust my life to this weapon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It is a shame that your friend had to sell his 1911 to pay bills.At the same time he was lucky to have a friend with some money willing to pay the price he was asking. So its a win-win deal, and you get to help out a friend who is a little down at the moment. It comes down to you recieving not just a nice 1911,but some good karma as well.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Good buy, congratulations!

I have a standard model with a Wilson trigger, EGW match barrel bushing and Bomar adjustable read sight. Use it for NRA Conventional Pistol Matches and it is very reliable and accurate. Best 1911 I have owned.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Someone took the time to fit a Brown barrel bushing to it. I'll bet it shoots...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK so major transformation. I dropped this off at the gunsmith and this is what I got back.

List of mods include:

Duo tone DuraCoat, OD green with flat black on the small parts and top of the slide.

Fit the slide to the frame

Fit the barrel better

Fiber optic Novak sights (had to cut the front dovetail)

New mainspring housing with beveled magwell

Relief cut under the trigger guard to get my grip up tighter

Hogue grips

3.5lb trigger

I think it looks great. I'm real happy. All the work and parts cost me just over $500 so with the initial $600 for the gun I'm in it just over a grand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy Cow that is a real sweet transformation! Love the two tone on the top slide. real slick. Thanks for sharing-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.