M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was playing with my M1 Garand watching dummy bullets leave the clip and enter the chamber and I noticed that the point of the bullets don't touch the feed ramps at the bottom of the barrel, it just works beautiful. Then i took a look at my M1A and with military clips , of which I only have 2, every bullet hits the feed ramps. Then I tryed a springfield 10 round clip and it work about like the M1 Garand. I just wonder if this doesn't damage the bullet tips, especialy the 168 gr hollow points. Have any of you noticed this , Is it something that need adjusting , like magazine lips?
Just curious. :?

·
Registered
48 Posts
8) I just bought some 20 round non USGI mags. They looked to be well constructed. When I went to shoot them the next round would not cycle as the tip of the bullet was not being raised enough to get it out of the mag. After close inspection I found the mag springs were installed upside down. I took them apart and re-installed the springs properly and they worked a little better. I'd get 2-5 shots before they'd hang, again the tip not coming up enough to clear the mag. I got fed up and just used my USGI mags the rest of the day. I'm going to take the spring and follower out of a USGI mag and install it in one of the new mags and see if that helps. :x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.