sportsmans guide m14 mag question

2046 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  tmcfalls
Does anyone know who makes these mags?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/mil-spec-20-rd-m14-m1a-mag.aspx?a=148200

I just wanna know what I'm getting.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,149 Posts
Take your pick, Chinese, Taiwan, Korea. Yes they are cheap and may work for ( operative word here ) a while. Your $ can be better spent on CMI Mags on my and most opinion

Reactions: sloth

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they say they are made in the USA according to GI spec..
"they're what your classic military rifle deserves.." :)
10 mags for $100 .... it is tempting, and I have heard pretty good stuff about them.

except for one of the reviews on there site...

· Registered
4,021 Posts
Both Sportsmans Guide and Cheaper than dirt have a habit of saying built to "GI Spec". It sure doesn't go as far as saying "built to USGI Spec." Thes guys overuse this term as to a lot of things they sell. Maybe they mean built to Chinese GI Spec???? Avoid problems later, and buy CMI's. Plenty of threads here to confirm that opinion. dozier

· Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,651 Posts
SG uses 'G.I.' as abbreviation for: 'Generally Inferior".

GI5

CAVman in WYoming

Reactions: RandyB45 and dozier

· Registered
6,654 Posts
Option 1: buy craptacular mag from sportsman's guide. Try it, works fine. Bargain! total money spent: $10+shipping.

Option 2: more likely: buy craptacular mag from sportsman's guide. Doesn't work reliably. Get frustrated. Get ulcer. Buy CMI mag from 44mag.com for $25. Load good mag, shoot holes in crappy mag. Total money spent: $10+shipping+$25+$XX.XX for antacids.

Option 3: pay attention to forum members who say to avoid crappy mags, buy CMI mag in the first place. Mag is flawless, guaranteed. Total money spent, $25. Be happy. Buy a burger with the money you saved. :D

· Registered
4,149 Posts
Option 1: buy craptacular mag from sportsman's guide. Try it, works fine. Bargain! total money spent: $10+shipping.

Option 2: more likely: buy craptacular mag from sportsman's guide. Doesn't work reliably. Get frustrated. Get ulcer. Buy CMI mag from 44mag.com for $25. Load good mag, shoot holes in crappy mag. Total money spent: $10+shipping+$25+$XX.XX for antacids.

Option 3: pay attention to forum members who say to avoid crappy mags, buy CMI mag in the first place. Mag is flawless, guaranteed. Total money spent, $25. Be happy. Buy a burger with the money you saved. :D
That is Hilarious.Lord I needed a good laugh.
True that most people end up using bad mags as targets

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Let me be yet another voice telling you to spend your hard earned money on CMI mags from a vendor with a well earned good reputation known as 44mag.com. With the exception of a few CMI mags I bought through a group buy here years ago, all of my mags have come from 44mag and I couldn't be happier with the service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.