M14 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Great looking rifle.

I’m a bit confused, though… wouldn’t a rifle like this with stock meant for bedded action come bedded like the m21’s are? I’m surprised SAI would sell it essentially incomplete with buyer needing to bed it on their own after purchase.:unsure:
It fits tight as hell as is. I doubt it "needs" to bedded, but certainly could be.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
In your 2nd post, second picture, it looks like the bolt roller may be contacting the receiver, might want to ask Ted or Tony if that’s the case.

John

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I am the original owner of my SportMaster
I bought her at the HGCA @ the big astrohall show in the fall of 1991
There were 278 Sportmasters made in 1991 only .
Fajen made the stocks both a solid wood and a laminate , mine is laminated version .
There were 2 versions of the heel the original as shown and at the very end of production they were altered somewhat by the layout of the spelling .

·
Registered
809 Posts

278 produced is what I've gathered. I should be able to remember my number 0123😆
Yes that is quite the serial number!

I am the original owner of my SportMaster
I bought her at the HGCA @ the big astrohall show in the fall of 1991
There were 278 Sportmasters made in 1991 only .
Fajen made the stocks both a solid wood and a laminate , mine is laminated version .
There were 2 versions of the heel the original as shown and at the very end of production they were altered somewhat by the layout of the spelling .
Thanks for the heads up. Wonder why so few made? Definitely a unique model. How did they alter the heel spelling towards end of production?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts