M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to rebuild a spline and who could do it? Anyone have experience with this kind of repair? I'm assuming it would be more cost effective than buying another TRW trigger frame.

·
Registered
14,428 Posts
I've always wondered how does the spline gets messed up?
Just watch the scene in Forrest Gump where they are taking apart and reassembling the M14. Trying to do it for speed or blindfolded (2 dumbass boot camp drills), will cause the trigger assembly to be forced in at all the wrong angles.

It is only there as a guide. Once the rifle is assembled and the trigger guard locked, it doesn't do a whole lot. The pressure on the stock keeps everything in place.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I've always (since I started using grease about 8 or 10 years ago) put a little grease on the trigger guard rails and the trigger guard locking tabs after cleaning the rifle. I figure a little lubricant in those spots should further minimize friction/wear during reassembly and disassembly.

Makes me feel better anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.