M14 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Guy's I am down to shooting my JAE Dot gun with a $149.00 Keep Shooting trigger group as I pulled out the one I had installed Shooting Sights EBR trigger and speed hammer in with a Tubbs trigger spring and sent it up to Tony to replace the trigger housing with a new Bula one.
It was rough and dragging when I did it and sent it to Art at Shooting Sight and he made it feel quit nice but not as good as the one Tony did for me with the same parts in my 'Jeep Gun' in a factory Bula housing.

Am having to cope!

Reactions: nf1e

·
Premium Member
15,191 Posts
Guy's I am down to shooting my JAE Dot gun with a $149.00 Keep Shooting trigger group as I pulled out the one I had installed Shooting Sights EBR trigger and speed hammer in with a Tubbs trigger spring and sent it up to Tony to replace the trigger housing with a new Bula one.
It was rough and dragging when I did it and sent it to Art at Shooting Sight and he made it feel quit nice but not as good as the one Tony did for me with the same parts in my 'Jeep Gun' in a factory Bula housing.

Am having to cope!
I have 3 sets in Bula forged triggerhousings Jeff. Tony will do good by your. The newer Keep shooting and KB international groups are not too bad with a little work.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I have 3 sets in Bula forged triggerhousings Jeff. Tony will do good by your. The newer Keep shooting and KB international groups are not too bad with a little work.

Thanks nf1e, I will have two when I get the one back and am thinking the one in Johnb2488's JAE has a pretty nice trigger that he did but will probably replace the trigger with another of Art's EBR one's eventually.

Reactions: nf1e

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
You don’t have many options. It’s not like an AR platform where you have many after market options to choose from.
Fortunately Art at shooting sight has the market cornered nicely with a good product.

Or you send your trigger group to someone to do a trigger job on it. Trigger jobs can only go so far. You won’t get a very light trigger pull but you can get a nice crisp trigger.

Arts trigger gives you the lightest pull your going to get on this platform, and still be safe.

·
Forum Jester
6,878 Posts
he had i rifle there? i never got passed the beer on the right

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dunno. A well-stoned trigger and hammer from original parts is pretty darned hard to beat.
Never was one for aftermarket - although I'm sure they do fine work.
My favorite NM rig is right at 2lb. with perfect let-off, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Member here, "hammonje" did the GI trigger in my EBR and it's amazing. Not sure if he's still around. It was several years ago.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Any recommendations for a trigger?

Looking to finally upgrade the factory trigger unit that came with my M1A Scout Squad.

I like flat-bow triggers, but that's not a requirement.

Not sure whether I need a completely new trigger assembly but I'm not opposed. Help me spend my money!

Rifle currently has a Z6 2.5-15x44 BRH on it. Thinking about getting a Ballistic Turret installed (4.6 mils of adjustment in the turret + 4.5 mils in the reticle or just getting a Z8i 1.7-13.3x42 installed. Decisions, decisions...
Looks like Constitution vs HMS Cyane and HMS Levant....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Any recommendations for a trigger?

Looking to finally upgrade the factory trigger unit that came with my M1A Scout Squad.

I like flat-bow triggers, but that's not a requirement.

Not sure whether I need a completely new trigger assembly but I'm not opposed. Help me spend my money!

Rifle currently has a Z6 2.5-15x44 BRH on it. Thinking about getting a Ballistic Turret installed (4.6 mils of adjustment in the turret + 4.5 mils in the reticle or just getting a Z8i 1.7-13.3x42 installed. Decisions, decisions...
Looks like Constitution vs HMS Cyane and HMS Levant....
Correct!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts