M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been putting together my poor man's DMR for the past six months. Just ordered my scope today, so next is the rings. I have a SA Std and am using a Bassett high picatinny. The scope I ordered is the Bushnell 3200 all-mils model from Midway. What I (think I) want to use are the Burris Signature Z rings. My questions are: 1) what is a recommended ring height to allow usage of the irons, and, 2) for the price range of the Zees, other recommendations on ring makes?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I just got the low pic mount from them. I plan on useing Warn low rings. I have used them before and am very pleased. You do have to watch you don't crush the tube when you install them. The first time I did I got them so tight on a Leupold it wouldn't change power settings. I didn't think I had them that tight. Lucky I didn't trash the scope.. Great rings and they won't slip.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What are the reasons Burris steel rings not be used on the Basset? The weaver mount Burris Signature Z or any weaver ring won't work on mine.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,621 Posts
The Basset mount has a Picatinny rail. A good set of tactical rings is called for. I recommend TPS rings and I think you will be able to use the low ring with this set up. I don't see any reason to not use steel rings.

·
Super Moderator
3,756 Posts
Basset Low and Weaver 6-hole tactical rings

I use the Weaver 6 hole tactical rings - they have worked perfectly for me.

They come in 1" or 30mm and have a variety of heights.

I use the Basset low mount and use the 1" medium height rings on my rifles.

For some reason the 30mm comes in low, medium, high and extra high and the 1" comes in medium, high, extra high and double extra high.

Here is a link to the rings - you can get them other places too...
http://www.opticsplanet.com/weaver-1-30mm-tactical-ring-6-hole-picatinny.html

Here is a picture of how the set-up looks... If I use my irons I simply take the basset mount and scope-off together as a unit [one of the beauties of using the basset]. You do have to make sure you have enough height to not hit your rear sight aperture with your scope. You can see this is about as low as I can go. I have had ZERO issues with the Basset or the Weaver 6 hole tactical rings.

Good luck......

M1Army

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ditto on the Weaver 6 hole Picatinny rings on a Basset Picatinny mount. I think these are highs? Scope is a 6-18 Redfield Battlezone. So far the combo works great (see group in avitar).

Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.