M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not finished yet but getting close. My Scout in one of Hawk's Tactical stocks. I love the stock !! Workmanship was outstanding Hawk. Very easy to customize to your liking.

VLTOR Carbine Modstock ( clubfoot model ). I decided to purchase one and try it out after I went to the range to try the stock out. I could'nt get a good cheek weld with the CAR stock or my buddies M4 stock that I tried also. This stock is killer !!! With the side battery compartments on it's actually more comfortable and allows for a perfect cheek weld. I added a GG&G Agency Sling Adapter , only thing is the writing on it is upside down.

Eotech 551 series and AN/PVS-14 Night Vision Monocular In a GG&G Low Quick release mount. Lines up perfect with the EOTech and looks wicked at night. Will have to get creative to find a way to shoot at night. Might have to wait for my hunting camp next month.

The GG&G mount is outstanding !! Throw the lever and optic pops right out.

A couple more upgrades and I'll be done with this one. I'm going to mount a forward rail for a vertical foregrip and maybe a harris bipod. Also thinking about a vortex flash hider and gas block sight. If I can figure out how to disable the flash on my camera I'll take some pics of the sight combo at night. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE STOCK HAWK !!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gents and thanks again to Hawk ! I put a Harris Bipod adapter on today. Slid it under the handguard for now. If it works good at the range next week I'll leave it there so I don't have to scrape out a channel in the stock for it.

Here is the view through the An/PVS-14 and EoTech. The pics don't do it justice. Maybe I'll take some pics outside at night.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hey PLT.SGT

That is one of the coolest rifles I have see in a long time!!!! Where did you get that NVD? Issued or did you aquire it somewhere else?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SunRise 420 that is a AN/PEQ-2 IR pointer. The only way to mount it on this setup is to remove the EoTech and the AN/PVS 14 and mount it to the scout rail. In doing that I would need to mount the NVG way back on the reciever and take the EoTech off. An option would be to mount a small picatinny rail on the side but I won't dare deface this stock like that. Does someone have a link for the Knights RAS for the M1A ??? Just coming off deployment I've got a little saved up and would probably buy one and solve all my mounting problems at once. As far as painting goes I think I'm gonna leave this one as is. This is my stock for if the SH?T ever hits the fan and I kind of like the OD and black contrast. Thanks all and I'll update as I do more upgrades. There is always something else to add.

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
Knights RAS link

PLT.SGT USMC said:
Does someone have a link for the Knights RAS for the M1A ??? Just coming off deployment I've got a little saved up and would probably buy one and solve all my mounting problems at once. As far as painting goes I think I'm gonna leave this one as is. This is my stock for if the SH?T ever hits the fan and I kind of like the OD and black contrast. Thanks all and I'll update as I do more upgrades. There is always something else to add.
I looked into the Knights RAS and found for just a few more $$ I could get a complete SAGE tactical stock.

Now I need to save up a little more $$ for a rifle to put in the stock 8)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the links SunRise. The Sage stock is INSANE !!! If I buy it then I'll have to get another M1A for the stock I'm working on now ( She'll kill me if I get another one ). I'm gonna get one of the Knights RAS systems. I went on the web page and they are sold out right now so I guess I'll have to keep trying. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
980 Posts
They may be sold out because of high demand in the Big Sandbox and the Big Rockplile from our troops that have been issued M14s as designated marksman rifles, but haven't been provided with any scope mounts.

·
Banned
3,070 Posts
PLT.SGT USMC said:
... The only way to mount it on this setup is to remove the EoTech and the AN/PVS 14 and mount it to the scout rail. In doing that I would need to mount the NVG way back on the reciever and take the EoTech off. An option would be to mount a small picatinny rail on the side but I won't dare deface this stock like that...

PLT.SGT USMC said:
Thanks for the links SunRise. The Sage stock is INSANE !!! If I buy it then I'll have to get another M1A for the stock I'm working on now ( She'll kill me if I get another one ). I'm gonna get one of the Knights RAS systems. I went on the web page and they are sold out right now so I guess I'll have to keep trying. Appreciate the help.
"She who must be obeyed" :mrgreen: - I here you, maybe HAWK could make the needed changes if you sent it back to him?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.