1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
wetidlerjr said:
Go to: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=171984

Some good and some bad comments.

You don't have to join to read the thread. :D
I read the thread which is basically the old argument of the M-14 vs the M-16. (not goin there as it's for the Mickey Mouse Forum :D ) As a M-14 lover I tend to agree on one aspect. The collapsible stock is most likely not suited for striking down doors or butt strokes as the tube will most likely bend or break, But that would also be true for the M-16 M4 Carbine. As for bouncing it off the ground to clear the weapon, all one would have to do is close the stock all the way to the rear of the adaptor and then clear the weapon. Of course I've never had to do this nor do I know anyone who has. The idea of storing cleaning equiptment in the tube is a good one that could easily be done with a small modification. The rear end of the tube would have to be drilled out to accomodate the gear. The only thing I see as a possible problem with that would be the tube now might be slightly weaker as it would not have a closed end, perhaps a sleeve could be put inside for a compartment making the tube stronger. As for the use of a A1 or A2 buttstock, this could be done with a small modification of the adaptor. The whole concept of an adjustable lenghth of pull and the pistol grip as well as compactness, was the brainchild for this stock. Didn't expect everyone to like it. But I'd have to say...I do :D :D :D And with the number of orders I've received, I'm not the only one.....

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
IMO, the lack of cleaning kit stowage is a non-issue. The solution is forty years old. Those who use a M14E2 or M14CM4 stock can use the M14E2 cleaning kit pouch to stow cleaning kit items. The pouch rolls up very small and will easily fit in a pocket for those who consider the rifle cleaning kit "first line gear." :wink:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
They will get over it. "Different strokes for Different folks". Hawk that looks great and if it was even rumored to be in the state of California the polititions would wet themselves because the m1a/m14 was not a leathal rifle before but when you put on a pistol grip then gang bangers will start doing drive bys again and they will randomly go off and kill innocent people.

Ok Ill get off my box now.

Hawk I think they look great!!! keep it up

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.