M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Will and I'm from northern NV originally from Spring, TX
I have been shooting since I was 7 and learned on mini14, SKS and my AK .22

My first battle rifle a FAL stg58 I learned the FAL pogo real quick and couldn't sell it fast enough....
Only to take the $$$$ and buy a CNC warrior Galil, still a favorite!
I also enjoy shooting my K31's

Enter My first M1A! A Bush built by Mike at Windy City.
I have heard good things about him and he was proud of the build and I think I am getting it for a decent price...

Just purchased this rifle and should be getting it this next Tuesday.

I hope to learn much about my new rifle!
I'll let you know how it shoots

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,613 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often deltaspeed93.

DI5

·
Registered
117 Posts
My name is Will and I'm from northern NV originally from Spring, TX

My first battle rifle a FAL stg58 I learned the FAL pogo real quick and couldn't sell it fast enough....
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Spring citizen. Have you driven up 45 toward the Woodlands lately? It's crazy construction.

Could you explain what you mean by "the FAL pogo"?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Welcome Delta,
The bushie is a great start in the M14 world; not too long, not too short. I too left the Houston area 20 yrs ago. Still visit family and friend, but don't miss it a bit. The gunshows there are not the hay-day they were when at the Astro Arena. And yea, I-45 has grown all the way to Conroe.
Now that you are in NV, you can help get rid of Harry Reid.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Welcome from a Texan that's still in the big H. I miss those old Astro Hall gun shows big time, it ain't been the same since they moved to the reliant center. Harleystoo is right It's now back to back business's from Conroe to Galveston , Baytown to Katy , and Cleveland to Rosenburg, We have traffic jams at 4AM. You ain't missing nothing. BTW Congratulations on your bush model .

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I wish I was as quick a learner as you are, I put up with the pogo method for 12 years! ICONMAD

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Could you explain what you mean by "the FAL pogo"?
It's what some FAL owners have to familiarize themselves with if they have a rifle that has weak extraction.

If a casing gets stuck in the chamber (could be spent or live!) and you can't eject the round with the charging handle, you point muzzle straight into the air, you put one hand on the charging handle, hold the rifle by the handguard with your other hand, and in one swift, firm motion, you slam the butt on the ground while pushing down on the charging handle.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQyz_xQLPic[/ame]

·
Registered
142 Posts
The M1 M14 operating rod stomp

It's what some FAL owners have to familiarize themselves with if they have a rifle that has weak extraction.

If a casing gets stuck in the chamber (could be spent or live!) and you can't eject the round with the charging handle, you point muzzle straight into the air, you put one hand on the charging handle, hold the rifle by the handguard with your other hand, and in one swift, firm motion, you slam the butt on the ground while pushing down on the charging handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQyz_xQLPic
Why don't you just kick it down?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can kick it down...I think it's more of a safety issue at that point. I used the 1/4 panel of my car on the really hard ones.
Now don't get me wrong, I like the FAL but to me it's over engineered...I know different thread/topic

It was probably one of the best built rifles I have had being a styer/ imbel

But growing up with the mini 14 the M1A just feels right to me and wooden stock guns in general... I may get one of those green composite springfield stocks to bang up though.

I try to visit Houston once a year and can't decide if I want to move back?!
Northern NV is beautiful, love Tahoe and being able to drive 2 minutes to go shooting!
The political climate is getting nasty out here though and may be worth the move!

Whats up with the Stros playing sub AAA ball anyways!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.