M14 Forum banner

Spanish 308 nato supplies found and cheap.

2713 11
3 days ago I found a pawn shop that had a good load of spanish 308.It is a 89 mfr date, comes 15 rounds to a box, an a box runs only $3.25 8O . This stuff is very clean and has been stored perfectly. No dents in the case or bullet. This stuff looks NEW, an shoots a tight pattern 4in group at 50 yards. (This group is a little big because my shooting eye is getting bad and I have yet to get glasses).I picked up 32 boxes. :p

Now the good news for some and bad news for many. The store is in ATL GA. Its called www.EDSPAWN.com and websight combined.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
:? Billfer What is the Headstamp on those Rounds is it SB? The Reason I ask is that all the Spanish I had in the early 90s and all the Spanish I have now came in 20 Round Boxes! :roll: I have the Round upside down on the Bottom Picture!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO stamp of SB on shell but it is on the box. Since i don't know how to post pics on the forum I will type out the lable on the box even it format.

----------------------------------------------------------------
CARTUCHOS 7,62 x 51
NATO BALL
SB-520

IK 89047 MBL 8918
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The area between the lines is exactly how the lable is set up.
I belive this is Spanish. If I am wrong let me know. But I love how this stuff shoots.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I believe it is Spanish also but I have never seen it in15 Round Boxes, If there is an SB on the Box It's Spanish. ;)

·
Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,919 Posts
Billfer,

Of the four manufactures that used the Head stamp SB. Only one is from Spain, the other are from.

1. Arms Corporation of the Philippines,
2. Israeli Military Industries,
3. Sellier and Bellot, Germany.

CARTUCHOS, is the big give away here.... I think that you can safely say the ammo was manufactured by Empresa Nacional Santa Barbara de Industrias, Spain. Enjoy.....

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
55 Posts
spanish ammo

it is indeed Santa Barbara, good clean stuff. shot it quite a bit through my M1A and HK.......

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
:D I'll be shooting in an Full Service Rifle Match Tomorrow morning,I'll use Spanish across the entire Course! >;)

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
:D Used SB Across the Course This Morning, Pretty darn Good for Surp. My Score was 770-24X. ;)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Spanish .308

I called Ed's Pawn today and asked about the Spanish .308 (Santa Barbara) 15 rounds to the box for $3.25. They said they had Spanish .308 20 rounds to the box for $8.00 per box. I guess I missed the good deal or I talked to the wrong person. :(

M14vrp 8)

·
Registered
822 Posts
$3.25/15 is $216/1000 and the most expensive 7.72mm NATO ammo I've seen lately!

The days of $99/1000 (delivered!) Chilean may be over, but there's still lots of good Aussie, Portugese, and South African around for much less.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
:( M14vrp: That Pawnshop must have seen you coming! CTD Retail Store in Ft Worth had that Spanish for $3.89 per 20 Rounds. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.