·
Registered
55 Posts
Sold off my M1A / M14 years back but now bought a couple
Springfield Super Match rifles
1991 Springfield build
1992 Champion's Choice 1992 rear lugged receiver

Point in question have about
9 battle packs of South African ammo good to go in these rifles?
Couple battle parks of the Hirtenberger as well

Be nice to have Lake city M118 ammo but already own this?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I shot lots of SA stuff with no issues.....don't know about the Hirtenberger, but I do remember this having a good rep.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have shot S.African out of my JRA M14F and it ran smooth with no hang ups or issues.

GTG in my book.

I got some decent accuracy out of it.

As for the Hirt I have no experience. I'm sure someone on here will be along to fill you in though. Plenty of folks on here have hands on with it for sure.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,130 Posts
I have fired a few cases smoothly though my NM rifle in the last 12 years.

South Africa, '77 [ R1M1 ], Berdan, three star crimp with purple primer sealant. 7.62 R1M1 A 77
South Africa, '79 [ R1M1 ], Berdan, three star crimp with purple primer sealant. 7.62 R1M1 A 79
South Africa, '80 [ R1M1 ], Berdan, three star crimp with purple primer sealant. 7.62 R1M1 WA 80
South Africa, '81 [ R1M1 ], Berdan, three star crimp with purple primer sealant. 7.62 R1M1 B 81
South Africa, '84 [ 12 ], Berdan, three star crimp with purple primer sealant. 12 84
South Africa, '98 [ 98 ], Berdan, three star crimp with purple primer sealant. 7.62mm 98 089D98

DI5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.