M14 Forum banner

Source for Ten Round M-14 mags?

1116 29
Gents,

I'm stuck in Oregon and am going to need a few 10 round mags for my M-14's. I've been unable to find any in stock...anywhere. Does anyone have a source of ten rounders?

Another option would be if you have some QUALITY mags, you would like to sell, that are ten round capacity.

HR 114 is slated to go into effect Dec 8th. Our only hope, now, is that this gets overturned in the courts.

I'd move if I could...

Wes
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Mag block kits to convert to 10 rounds? It's what I did here in California.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have a 10-rd mag I am not using. It is SAI - 😁

·
NSR
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
unkola,

It looks as though the Sheriff's are not going to enforce the new law, but I'll keep my 20 round mags at home (legal) and use the 10 rounders for range duty. That law is so screwed up that non compliance is the only real course of action. However, I don't want to be the first "test" case...

Wes

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
9,111 Posts
Even if the new law actually survives, it allows you to keep and use your 20 round magazines. The Sheriff here in Jackson County refuses to enforce it anyway. I think the whole law will get shot down since it is so convoluted and unconstitutional.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A few years ago the libs took over Virginia government and started down the path to ban 'assault weapons', 'hi-cap mags' etc. Just to be safe I purchased a few Mag Block kits for my M14, M1 Carbine, Glocks etc. They went in easily and functioned fine. I did not put the epoxy on the attachment point so easily reversed the process. They are a relatively low cost option. Also, they can be used as a pattern to make your own out of scrap plastic.

Fortunately last November sanity prevailed and Republicans swept the Gov, LtGov and AtGen offices, retook the house and put the issue to rest for the foreseeable future.

Rich

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Reactions: unkola

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mag blocks won't cut it with this law. The mags must be permanently altered to hold only ten rounds and
and cannot be reversable once done.

Another thing is you can keep your high-capacity mags at home or use them on the range, but you must be able to prove that you owned them before the December 8 enactment of the law.

Reactions: weshowe
1 - 20 of 30 Posts