M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Adam taking a couple shots on video with our loaded Springfield using m80 ball. We shot those and I shot some of my hand loads. The basic LC brass, 41.5 gr of IMR 4895, CCI #34 primer with 168 SMK. Worked good. Bit more recoil. We have to go to proper range to check accuracy.
We didn't have trouble hitting my 1/2 scale steel target from Action Target at 150 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it working I think. couldn't do it from the iphone. had to upload from computer.

looking at it, quality is very poor. apparently, there is quite a bit of reduction going on when uploading.

anyways, I cropped it to just two shots. he was having trouble with safety glasses fogging up and obscuring his view. it was like we were in the jungle since we are shooting in a wetland area behind the club shooting range.

I also called the rifle an M1 in the video. it is of course an M1A. I was paying attention to him not thinking much of what I was saying.

cheers.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
It's working now. I always remember shooting with my father as a boy, I treasure the times I've had with my son shooting, now I'm shooting with my grandkids. Those moments of my life are among the best . Cherish them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One needs a NM and one needs a scout I say. I do need a sling and a sadlak spring guide. Then trigger work since I'm a trigger snob. This trigger seems ok for battle rifle. It has a bit of take up and then hits a little wall. A little more pressure and it breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great memories to hold on to. I still remember going to an indoor range to shoot with my dad's .22 (almost 40 years ago). It was like a right of passage and one of the happiest memories of my childhood. I was one very proud kid when I took my paper target to school for show and tell (I doubt that would fly in today's environment).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts