M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I took the 4x Scope off my Mini-30. The gun was relegated to being a spare Hunting rifle for people who had some trouble with theirs.

Lately with the price of Ammo and the fact that I can shoot Wolf,TulAmmo and any other cheapo stuff out of it I have been using it more.

I had an Aimpoint 1000 laying around and found a mount for $12.00 (as opposed to $75.00) so I tried it out. The Gun actually became fun to Shoot again.

Now that I liked it again I decided to change the Stock. I chose the ATI Strikforce 6 Position Folder in Tan. The Stock is well made and well thought out but my only complaint is It feels like a M1A std now. I added some weight!

I want to get my Wife used to this as I'll bet it will be easily controllable and is user friendly. Might be just the thing if SHTF.

I have a 30 Rounder as well as two 5 rounders. I will be ordering a few 20s just to round the Mag situation.

Here is what it looks like before and after:

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm a mini fan. Looks good all dressed up.

Reactions: SGT John SWF

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the 30 rounder makes it!

Reactions: ray55classic

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Looking good, a pretty sweet CQ rifle. How's she shoot?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looking good, a pretty sweet CQ rifle. How's she shoot?
I may be able to sneak out tomorrow to see. If not Sunday for sure.
I trust it can't be worse than it was with the wooden stock GI2.

I used to hand load for it with 125 Gr Rem SP and it did OK for a Deer Rifle.
Right now with Tulammo It will keep them in an 6 or 8 inch circle at 50 YDS.
I need to treat it to some real stuff.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking cool! How's that ole' school aimpoint holding up?
So far so good. It is an oldie my CSM gave me (with a bunch of other stuff). It was in my Garage for something like 10 years.
I got a battery just to see if it worked and it did so a few months ago I mounted it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
So far so good. It is an oldie my CSM gave me (with a bunch of other stuff). It was in my Garage for something like 10 years.
I got a battery just to see if it worked and it did so a few months ago I mounted it.
That's really fun when you can breathe new life (and renewed interest) into some old guns!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I shot it today. Even with TulAmmo the groups were better than usual. In the order of Tea Cup size at 50 yds. Not bad for this piece and my eyes!
I don't know if it is the stock,a better run of Ammo or my vast Shooting experience GI3.
Anyway I liked it and it turned a few heads. I figure it will do what is asked of it out to 100 yds.
Sunday i will bring my new (to shooting) Buddy and see what he thinks.

Reactions: ray55classic
1 - 10 of 10 Posts