M14 Forum banner

Solutions Looking for a Jamming Problem

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  MuleSkinner88 
There are a lot of bells and whistles for the AR15 - You will see them often on rifles that look like a drag-queen during Mardi Gras. The 'rifleman' usually will wear some fancy tactical stuff w/ the kitchen sink not far behind. They will always be tweaking the rifle more than shooting it. Their targets will usually tell you how far along they are in proficiency. I just eyeball them once in a while and if they are clearing a weapon - I stop shooting and get behind the ballistic shield. 😁

The AR15 can be put together so many ways - choose your poison. Reliability comes down to what parts went into the rifles. It is not like the M14 builds that you have to headspace and things. There is only one large nut in the AR15 for petesakes. It is a little more involved if you free-float the barrel for competition..but not too bad.

I don't see a lot of things that can fail w/ the AR15 if people pay attention a little. Some will clean too much and some not at all until something breaks or fail.

Reactions: eagle0199
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.