M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New member here. I am looking for recommendations for good ammo for my M1A which I purchased a number of years ago from SA. I've not shot it much over the years I've owned it because of a bad initial ammo purchase I made from ammunitionstore.com where I got incredibly bad ammo that was made in India.

Obviously I won't buy that ammo again -- if it even exists.

Please share your best 7.62 x 51 purchase stories (and horror stories) so I can make the right choice.

Thanks !

-Steve

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
As said previously on the forum, 'Don't buy ammo made in a country in which you wouldn't drink the water'. Plenty of ammo choices out there if you use the search button.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,606 Posts
Reactions: WhiskeyBravo

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Prvi Partizan M80 clone ammo. Best commercial ammo for the price. About 60c per. Only stuff I'd buy other than FGMM.

Reactions: LS1runner

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hah, I had some of that Indian ammo back in the day. Some of the rounds had no primers, primers that weren't fully seated, and bullets so crooked, they looked liked a reptilians' claw.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I don't usually buy factory loaded ammo......................But when I do, I buy Privi!!!GI2

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
+1+1 on the advise from XXIV and Hammbone
Can't go wrong there. Keep your eye out for surplus at the shows and on the local trader sites. You can get a buy every now and then.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,606 Posts

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
The Privi 168 match ammo for 14.78 a box at SGAmmo is hard to beat. Especially if you like to shoot tight groups! I have found that it is great practice ammo and consistently shoots groups similar to FGMM! I use FGMM 175's in matches only.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Frankly, I'm going to suggest you buy a box or two of a variety of ammo.

Test them all for accuracy and see which one your rifle likes.

My experience has shown that what one rifle likes , yours may not.

If you are just looking for good quality ammo, Prvi. also gets my vote.

NO steel cased ammo though. Seen to many bad stories.

My rifle hates PMC, but loves the GGG.

Here is a link to a variety of .308/ 7.62x51...

http://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammunition/308-762x51

OOPS... also no Hornady "Superformance" ...to hot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.