M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
It is interesting and looks like some wardrobe for a Sci-Fi movie, perhaps all the studio props department had that day on cheap was old surplus militia wardrobe & M14's, the NVG's look European design.

I could name a couple old 60's & 80's movies I saw WTH, what are they thinking? Budget...Don't get me started about "Creation of the Humanoids" and why are they wearing uniforms that belong in "Gone with the Wind"...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
That's the Operating Instructions TM printed off & taped to the buttstock. As odd as this seems it's actually good news- it proves the soldier is Literate! :rolleyes:
The weapon must throw Lube everwhere as evidenced by the mask & rubber gloves...
What's that Snorkel looking appendage thing about his Groin Area???

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
There are 2 snorkel looking things on both sides....I think it maybe the bottom ends of a tubular backpack ( holding power pak for the night vision )?

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's the Operating Instructions TM printed off & taped to the buttstock. As odd as this seems it's actually good news- it proves the soldier is Literate! :rolleyes:
The weapon must throw Lube everwhere as evidenced by the mask & rubber gloves...
What's that Snorkel looking appendage thing about his Groin Area???
It's how they planned to fight swamp crotch in the future.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the first IR binoculars used by the US Army were the M18s from the mid-1960s. They are definitely larger than those prototypes shown in that 1959 picture. I have a complete M18 IR binocular, but they don’t work at this point. They are 3.5x power and heavy at 4 lbs or more. These M18s were first generation NV binoculars, and were reportedly used in Vietnam.
Light Automotive air manifold Auto part Gas Tool

Light Gas Auto part Machine Circle

Camera accessory Auto part Plastic Rectangle Electric blue

Here’s the battery supply on back of helmet for that prototype IR binocular, and this set-up was about 45 years ahead of its time.
Glove Cap Tree Military person Helmet

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
It wouldn’t surprise me to read on this forum that someone has made a replica of this, with green op rod and all, along with 50 pages of military documents on it’s history.

only question is who’s going to be the first to do it:cool:
Art ( Nf1e) probably already has one! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: sbird
1 - 20 of 30 Posts