M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a spectacular day in the desert this weekend exercising my fragile 2nd amendment. Among the many firearms on hand that day was my SOCOM 16. Got to the line about 8:00am with clear skies and light winds at our backs. Temp was in the 60's to start, but would warm up to high 70's by the time we left. Had only 50 rounds of my reloads with me, but this was more of a sighting in/ function check trip for the rifle. Using the vast wealth of knowledge I frequently tap here, I modified my Springfield according to my needs and budget. This includes shimming the gas cyclinder, relieving and greasing the ferrule, relieving the hand guard, installing Tubbs springs and G.I. hammer, trigger, and extractor. A Sadlak guide isn't in the budget yet, so I took it upon myself to file, sand, and polish the factory guide. Shiney and slickGI6.
Aside from an ammo issue which I've addressed in the appropriate forum, the rifle ran flawlessly. Using a C-More reflex sight I was able to get a five shot group under 2" at 100 yds off of a sand bag (1 3/4" actually without the one called flyerGI4). Plenty good for my intended purposes.
The rest of the morning was just good ol' fashion plinking!FRG1
I've learned so much here, It's hard to imagine stumbling along without TFL.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You are proving that even in this misguided atmosphere, we can still exercise our rights and have a great time. Thanks for sharing. Nice rifle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice Day!

It is not fair that anyone should get to go to the range In Jan and have it be 60 degrees.

Great ReportDI5

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
It looks like one click left for windage and you are battle zero ready !.....Hey, who said you could use my sidearm holster ?DI2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts