M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucky me, I got to go shooting today.

36 degrees @ 0830. Clear skies, no wind and still real wet from all the rain. Iced coffee to go with de-icing the truck, and a bran muffin for b-fast.

I shot a total of 105 rounds. 80 DAG 1993, 20 Federal Am. Eagle match, and 5 Prvi Part.

Checked zero of the Leupold scout scope @ 25 yards w/ 10 DAG. All flawless, no malfunctions. The quick detach rings kept zero perfectly, all I had to do was mark on the rail where the scope was when I sighted her in.

Moved out to 100 yards and had a good ol' time. Just a real fun rifle to shoot. Especially fun blowing up 2 liter plastic bottles full of water!

I finished @ 1100 hours with some PRVI Partisan to confirm that "Sally" doesn't like Prvi, I only shot 5 rounds. Looking forward to putting Sally in her new JAE stock.GI6

·
Registered
510 Posts
Excellent

Great report W.C. Very similar setup to my Deuce and agreed....they are just miles of smiles to shoot. Glad you had fun with your gal, thanks for sharing and rock on brother.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Lucky me, I got to go shooting today.

36 degrees @ 0830. Clear skies, no wind and still real wet from all the rain. Iced coffee to go with de-icing the truck, and a bran muffin for b-fast.

I shot a total of 105 rounds. 80 DAG 1993, 20 Federal Am. Eagle match, and 5 Prvi Part.

Checked zero of the Leupold scout scope @ 25 yards w/ 10 DAG. All flawless, no malfunctions. The quick detach rings kept zero perfectly, all I had to do was mark on the rail where the scope was when I sighted her in.

Moved out to 100 yards and had a good ol' time. Just a real fun rifle to shoot. Especially fun blowing up 2 liter plastic bottles full of water!

I finished @ 1100 hours with some PRVI Partisan to confirm that "Sally" doesn't like Prvi, I only shot 5 rounds. Looking forward to putting Sally in her new JAE stock.GI6
Great Range Report. GI2

Always looking forward to reading these reports for the modern day M14/M1A variants.DI5

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Good day at the range. I know you will like the JAE.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Always a good day when you are at the range. Nice report. Love those socoms. I really need to drop mine in a wood stock. It just looks right.

Know what I mean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good report. I'm still working the range, settling on targeting options. I'm currently using and aimpoint on the scout mount and I am happy so far. At the range, everyone kept coming over, "What is that your shooting?" I was more than happy to show it off. I really like the SOCOM II so I may upgrade mine if I can find enough time to live without it. You have an awesome rifle there.

Here's my current setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts