M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does anyone have this set up. socom 16 w/ EBR stock and Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle.

i have the set up but not the scope yat and wanted to see it befor i get it.

i was going to go with the Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle but didn't like the fact that the Engraved Bullet Drop Compensation is dial for 5.56mm/.223 Rem and not the 7.62. so im going with the other one that has an EBD for the 7.62

any input will be nice. im shoting short to mid rang. and little of long distance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
...Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle...im shoting short to mid rang. and little of long distance.
I don't have and EBR or a SOCOM, but I do have this scope.

The optic is great, but I am afraid that you will be disappointed with it for any "short range" shooting. Even though they label this scope "2.5-8x", in truth, it is actually more like an 3-9x.

On the low end, the 3x magnification is a bit distracting and results in slower target acquisition inside of 75 to 100 yards. On the high end, the 9x magnification works great from 100 yards out to about 500. This is probably the best effective range for use of this optic.

For shots inside of 100 yards, I ended up mounting a T1 atop mine:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i dont seem to have trouble w the optic dialed down. you can shoot with both eyes open, almost, w/ lots of eye relief.

i was wondering if i shud hav gotten the ill. reticle but this glass is so bright that it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
does anyone have this set up. socom 16 w/ EBR stock and Leupold Mark 4 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle.

i have the set up but not the scope yat and wanted to see it befor i get it.

i was going to go with the Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle but didn't like the fact that the Engraved Bullet Drop Compensation is dial for 5.56mm/.223 Rem and not the 7.62. so im going with the other one that has an EBD for the 7.62

any input will be nice. im shoting short to mid rang. and little of long distance.
Here is a Sage EBR with a SAI Socom 16/II. Scope is somewhat similar to the Mark 4 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M2 in CQB situations and under 600 to 800mm range.

Click Here to Check out "My Ultimate EBR"

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
psle 1000, have you seen this scope:

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-1-6x24-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P53845.aspx

I am not sure when they will actually arrive, you would have to call SWFA to get that info. The reticle is very interesting and the SS scopes have a good reputation although, so does Leupold. I too like the 2.5-8 but I am holding out for Nightforce to put the MOAR reticle in their 2.5-10x32. Until then, I have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 mounted on a Bassett Low Picatinny mount that actually works very well for shots inside 500 yards.

Good luck with your decision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts