M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? Posting for a buddy of mine.

He has a Socom 16 with a black fiberglass stock and is trying to mount his Fulton Armory Bottom Picatinny Rail to the bottom of it.

I dont have a ton of experience doing this,but I swapped out my own Sling Ring on my Wooden Scout with a Fulton, and it required minimal adjustment skills. The worst thing I had to do besides drilling out the rivets was sand the stock level a little bit to make sure it would be seated correctly. I have a pair of bipods on there ever since and had no problems.

Regarding his weapon: When we have tried to mount his rail it wont sit flush with the stock without a ton of force and tweeking (using Clamps, etc.) And even then, the action gets completely jammed up because the heads of those screws are somehow impeding/blocking the action. The Op Rod obviously wont move with an obstruction in the way, and I rather not advise him to find a way to force the screws in there. Has anyone found a proper work around for this sort of issue?

He did try it with and without the washers, but it still doesnt fix the problem. Should he get new screws? Would it be best to find some with a lower profile head on them as the solution? Do they make them? if so, what size and any advice on where to get them? Would be interested to hear other peoples unorthodox solutions.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks as always!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am surprised no one has responded so far, so here goes my shot at it. I mounted a combo chin rail sling swivel on my Socom 16 and found the provided screws' heads interfered with proper fitting of the stock to ferrule. Was able to get screws with very thin heads and thinner washers from a local Lowe's store. Home Depot may have them too. Take your provided screws and washers with you so you get grip length and thread size correct. Just a suggestion.

Best regards - - - Smokey

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding Smokey. Thats what I was going to tell him to do. Figured I would post just in case some folks had similar problems and wanted to get the details of their solutions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts