M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all having some trouble getting the operating rod out of the weapon. Typical newb problem. Something i should know about the SOCOM? Any good videos would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Try this video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaTMvvrSBBg[/ame]

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey all having some trouble getting the operating rod out of the weapon. Typical newb problem. Something i should know about the SOCOM? Any good videos would be appreciated.
That vid shows it pretty well.

If you have a brand new gun, it may be VERY difficult to take the oprod out. Don't despair - you just need to shoot it :) .. put a bunch of rounds through it (no recoil buffers!) and the stress on the oprod will loosen things up and it will be much easier to take apart. Then you can install a recoil buffer if you like to spare the oprod from slamming into the receiver.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
That vid shows it pretty well.

If you have a brand new gun, it may be VERY difficult to take the oprod out. Don't despair - you just need to shoot it :) .. put a bunch of rounds through it (no recoil buffers!) and the stress on the oprod will loosen things up and it will be much easier to take apart. Then you can install a recoil buffer if you like to spare the oprod from slamming into the receiver.
You did a super job of helping out Flan7211. The only thing you forgot was that he has to hold his head just right during a full moon. Obviously I've had the same problem GI2

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Yea, they can be a bit of a bugger, but don't ya' just love a tight rifle!

·
Registered
362 Posts
You did a super job of helping out Flan7211. The only thing you forgot was that he has to hold his head just right during a full moon. Obviously I've had the same problem GI2
YES, yes.. sorry, I did forget that part! Sometimes it helps to sacrifice a chicken to the rifle gods too. GI8

Flan7211: also, if you really have problems, get a flathead screwdriver and wrap a bit of duct or electrical tape around the head. Jump on the phone w/ SAI and they'll walk you through prying it out.. at least they offered that to me when I had problems. But I politely refused and just decided to shoot them loose!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First off this is the most amazing forum I've ever been on, you all snap to attention and give good advice fast. Thanks for the help haven't had the time to shoot it loose. But I'll say this, what a tight weapon indeed as a former CETME, FAL, and AR10 consistent shooter this thing is incredible, feels very durable. I'm happy with my decision to get this guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts