M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my SOCOM into a Troy stock and want to swap the brake for a Vortex. How is the brake removed? Is it part of the gas/sight block or a separate threaded part? Seems to be a separate part since there is a 360 deg parting line.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
You can get the SEI Socom GLFS dovetail/muzzle adapter that would allow you to use any 5/8X24 flash suppressor or brake you like. SEI has a kit with the Vortex in it... like you said though... more money. I thought nokick.com sold just the adapter, could be wrong.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am putting my SOCOM into a Troy stock and want to swap the brake for a Vortex. How is the brake removed? Is it part of the gas/sight block or a separate threaded part? Seems to be a separate part since there is a 360 deg parting line.
If you put in a flash hider, then you must have a permanent attached magazine or you are operating an assault weapon in the wonderful peoples republic of Kalifornia.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can get the SEI Socom GLFS dovetail/muzzle adapter that would allow you to use any 5/8X24 flash suppressor or brake you like. SEI has a kit with the Vortex in it... like you said though... more money. I thought nokick.com sold just the adapter, could be wrong.
I would agree.

Get the SEI parts and save your original Brake/Gas System.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Absolutely true per Rabidus. When you install a flash hider in this wonder state, you have created an assault weapon and risk having it seized and criminal prosecution. Save yourself a lot of headaches and vast amounts of legal fees and stick with a muzzle brake. IMHO

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
If you put in a flash hider, then you must have a permanent attached magazine or you are operating an assault weapon in the wonderful peoples republic of Kalifornia.
He's dropping it into a Troy stock so I'd assume he knows the legalities involved with doing so in CA considering the headaches involved with even getting a pistol gripped stock into CA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kalifornia yes. I trimmed the thumb pad off the mag release and made a nylon wedge tool to release the mag. It works and is fairly quick in disengaging the mag. I have a Sadlak tactical release waiting on the side for when I get out of this forsaken land. I just hope I can get out before the system goes to hell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts