M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are y'alls thought on this set-up? Socom 16, Vltor rail, Aimpoint M4s & Aimpoint 3X? For the 3X I'd want to use a LaRue mount that swings out of the way. Anyway what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I've got an Eotech XPS 2 with a 3X piggybacked behind, on a flip to side Samson mt (on an AR) and I also own an M4. I think that the setup is useful, but in my case, because the red dot reticles are not all that precise under magnification, (IMO) they don't lend themselves to precision shooting. when magnified the dots on mine don't look very uniform, and they get bigger in relation to the target so they may obscure a small target. I like the performance of a TR 24 with a cat tail quick thow lever better, and find that although it may not be quite as fast on the multi target close stuff, it's superior for the longer ranges. Not sure how the mounting will work for you with the two components mounted on different rails. Please post pictures and review if you decide to try it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Aimpoint Pro and a C3 with 3x's behind them on 2 different AR's both optics have 2 moa dots and if you turn the brightness down they work great with the 3x's in the up position. I was just wondering if it would work equally as good on a Socom 16. I would think that I would need to mount the 3x mount backwards that way so that it would swing to the left instead of the right so it would be out of the way of the changing handle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts