Just looking for some debate
Cold Steel sez I

Well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Bigchoad, I hate being left out.....

Bigchoad, I hate being left out - rejection hurts you know. I own at least one of each of the brands you have listed - except SOG, that is. I just never came accross a SOG that wanted to claim me. Although I own a bunch of the ones you have listed on your poll, Randall's are what I have used for close to 40 years now and I am just used to them. There are so many excellent products on the market now, it is more a question of what style, shape, and size you like. With all the good folks on the net watching, knife makers just keep making better products as time goes on. These are the "good ol' days".

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Aloha BC:

Of that list, I only have a few "fixed" blade Gerbers and Cold Steel knives...

I would probably say that I would vote "Cold Steel" and use the Cold Steel knives much more than any other. I especially like the "Trail Master"... solid, does everything I want and will not "flip me out" if I ding it.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK OK OK
I'm changing the rules
The production knife has to cost less than $200
Who makes the best under $200 production knife
(today's price--not when you bought your $$ knife x years ago)

·
Rest in peace
1,155 Posts
I'll go with SOG. I own a Tigershark that has been used for everything, including cutting wedding cake. It's the old, polished blade, non-serrated piece. :D :D

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I've had knives from all of the manufacturer choices up there but all of them aren't as good as my Benchmades. The 154cm steel that Benchmade uses is some of the best stainless steel I've seen, holding an edge better and taking to one faster and sharper and just as good as the best quality carbon steels but with top corrosion resistance. The detail to the blades and handles are just better in my opinion, but we are talking about production knives and not custom handmade knives. Randall knives are some of the best there are period from what I've seen and I wish I had spent the extra on one instead of the Cold Steel Military Classic I bought, but there's alway room for more knives. Out of those choices, I would have to say SOG is probably the winner for me as they do make some high quality blades, but all those companies do.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
but all those companies do...........

Lionseye, you are right - all those companies make a quality product - I will even throw in CRKT who makes a quality product at a very reasonable price. In today's market, it you can't "cut it", your're out!

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.