M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO guys who are the real Ammo whores in this place, im curious to see how and what you guys do.

I keep an Access Database of my ammunition, (till the computer died, and so did it), But im going to do inventory, plus in the next month i will take possession of over 1,500 round sof 8mm Mauser, to add to the 2,000 Plus 308 rounds, and about 1,000 30-06 rounds, so guys show it up!

PS: I'll post pictures when i get done inventorying it, my room is a mess and crowded.MCORPS1

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a very simple two part philosophy in this regard:

A) If you can count the ammo you have you do not have enough.

B) The only time you have too much ammo, is if the storage facility catches on fire.

dance2

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I do not have any stash of ammo. I buy and I use them. Zero inventory, that goes to primers, bullets, and powder as well.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
I don't believe in guns, Ive turned in all my ammo and firearms. I now keep a pillow on my nightstand instead a my pistol, because I don't believe in violence.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ammo

I have enough.

I roll my own and keep up with the "out with the old & in with the new". Range time keeps everything fresh with updates.

Why do you ask such a question?

I would never post what my potential is.

You should be proud of what you have. It's none of my business.

Just my 2 cents.

Ole Silver

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I don't believe in guns, Ive turned in all my ammo and firearms. I now keep a pillow on my nightstand instead a my pistol, because I don't believe in violence.
Myself too. My only defensive weapon is a #1 iron.I do wrap the handle with electrical tape to prevent getting my fingerprints on it. dozier

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
#1 Iron

I use my golf clubs to protect myself at the golf course.

My scores will certainly not protect me.

I prefer the 3 wood for personal protection. It reaches out.

The 1911 is still in the nightstand. That would be a first edition of "The Mountains of California" by John Muir first published in 1911.

Ole Silver - 12 handicap

Dozier - You crack me up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hate to admit it but I have way too much ammo and way too little range time.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I got rid of some of mine today... but now I have all these empty brass cases I have to fill up again... GI2

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
You Certainly Do Ask For A Lot, Pictures Hmmmmmmmm,
As Dr Johnny Fever once said "Paranoia is only Smart Thinking when the Whole world is Out to Get You " WKRP Cincinnati
Although I would tell you before my wife How much ammo I do have I Ain't Saying

·
Registered
832 Posts
If it's possibly to have too much, I'm very close. My wife has me on ammo probation, can't blame her. Basically buying only what I can sneak into the house in my pockets with the cash I had in my wallet. I'll lay low a couple months then start again.

Although modest by many stashes I have seen, I've got about, (I quit counting) 6k of .308 and probably a minimum 15k total in 30-06, 22-250, 45, 44 mag, 38, 357mag, 357 sig, .40 S&W, 9mm, less .22 & 12 gauge.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm in need of some . Ya'll got any extra you might want to donate to a good cause ?

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
Not enough. Ask me when I've assembled all the components I bought when I saw Obama coming.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I keep only one bullet on hand, but I don't like guns. So I use a sling-shot to launch the bullet if needed.

Reactions: mb3

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
My wife and son are amazed at how much room ammo takes up that is not really there

·
Registered
922 Posts
I know I don't have enough money or ammo, however, by the end of the month I will finish up on my 5.56 Vietnam era ammo. Then I can start on my "new" 1970's 5.56 ammo if I can work it into my schedule after firing my M1A 7.62.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tough crowd guys.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I keep only one bullet on hand, but I don't like guns. So I use a sling-shot to launch the bullet if needed.

One bullet huh, kind of like Barney Fife. The only problem with launching the bullet with a slingshot is that it doesn't make any noise. Might be considered a supressed weapon by the BATF. dozier

1 - 20 of 55 Posts